Ok, i dont think i can put enough heart-eyed emojis for this lovely postcard. My eyes will pop out of love 😂
The darkest blue part on the back is velvet and that is one of the reasons why this postcard is love to me. The other reason is that is from Moomins 😍. Have you read the books or watched the cartoons? Its series of books and a comic strip by Finnish illustrator Tove Jansson, later turned into cartoons. Tove Jansson is without a doubt one of the best Finnish artists of all time and also the most widely read Finnish author abroad.
– Tove studies art both in Finland and abroad and she starts making Moomintroll paintings. Her first Moomin character is later seen in the magazine Garm in 1943.
– In 1945 Söderström & Co publishes the first Moomin story – The Moomins and the Great Flood – in Swedish.
– There are 4 books more published until The world’s largest newspaper – London’s The Evening News – starts to publish the Moomin comic strip.
– After the 6th and 7th books are published, the first theater play arrived back in 1949
– In late 60-ties became very popular in Japan
– In ’74 first Moomin opera arrived in Helsinki
– After all this were opened Moomin art museum, theme park Moomin world, Adventures in Moominland – the first major interactive exhibition on Moomins in England, MoominValley Park in Japan.
– And in the 80-ties they started animated cartoons on TV since today.
– You can read more details here https://www.moomin.com/en/
Oh and yes, i got excited and forget to write you about what is written on the postcard because that is a good read, excellent words for Latvia that will help you like the country even more and it will be pity not to share.
Robert came as tourist but he immediately fell in love in Latvia and his life never was the same again. In his words ” Latvia leads you to new experiences, helps you to find harmony and discover true values. Riga, the capital is already a venue for cultural events on an international scale and back in 2014 (when this postcard is written actually) represented the cultural epicenter of Europe. After this everyone will be able to evaluate the marks of the modern music, fine arts, cinema and pop culture…” and more fine and personal word are flashing with positiveness and you can feel the real love Robert has for this country.