Vietnam was originally spelled as two words: Viet Nam – a name which dates as far back as the 16th century. Viet refers to the Viet ethnic group; Nam means “south,” hence the nation of the Viet of the South (south in relation to China).
There are a lot of beautiful things that Vietnam can offer to the world.
– Vietnamese food in fact, it’s one of the main reasons why Vietnam is so popular these days! Vietnam’s food philosophy is based on five elements: spicy (metal), sour (wood), bitter (fire), salty (water) and sweet (Earth).
– Vietnam is the world’s largest exporter of black pepper and cashew nuts.
– If you are a huge fan of kayaking, Vietnam is perfect destinations for kayakers. The country is blessed with plentiful rivers, streams, and lakes where you can take your boat to paddle, or rent one.
– The cave system in Vietnam is quite extensive. Even up to now, there are still monstrous caves being discovered in the various regions of the country. If you are not aware of it, the largest cave in the world is found here as well.
– According to ancient Vietnamese folklore, Vietnamese people are descendants of dragons. The dragon is therefore a mythical figure the Vietnamese worship. It is also believed the dragon brings rain, which is needed for the large areas of agricultural land in the country.
– Also, for those who love summer and beautiful white sand beaches, Vietnam has a lot to offer.
If those are not enough reasons to visit this beautiful country, i don’t know what is. I believe searching on internet there many more interesting facts.
But until I pay a visit one day, I am satisfied with my postcards 🤗
Elma is from Malaysia, but she loves to travel around and Vietnam is her favorite destination. When she wrote the postcard (in 2012) she said that she haven’t visited Europe yet, so I hope since then she had a time…